Getting Ready To Register
Before you click “Register Now” make sure you have read all the information below about what is needed to register, download the forms and ensure you have all the necessary details for your Home Team before you proceed. Don’t forget to check Pre-Gathering Booklet here for all your planning!
Forms for Submission After Registration
Everything You Need to Know to Register
Registration happens in two stages:
- Step 1 – Online registration
- Step 2 – Send the required forms and payment to the Registrar
Before you complete the online registration, you can start getting prepared by collecting the following information from each Home Team member:
- Full name
- Cell phone number
- Home phone number
- Address, city and postal code
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Dietary, medical, and physical needs/restrictions
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Roommate preference
- A Home Team Number will be assigned to your group during the registration process after you register. The Registrar will send you an email to let you know what your Home Team Number is. You will need to include it on all future communications with the Registrar and note it when you pay your registration fees by e-transfer or cheque.
- The Home Team’s PHTL should register first. This person will be attending the gathering and will be our main contact for the Home Team.
- Note 1: Please make sure you provide an email address that is checked regularly as it will be used to confirm your registration. Important updates will also be sent leading up to CLAY.
- Note 2: It’s also important to provide the cell phone number you’ll be bringing with you to Waterloo so we have an on-site contact for you.
- After the PHTL is registered, they can enter in the information for up to nine additional members (maximum eight youth and any number of HTLs or LITs for a maximum total of ten per Home Team including the PHTL). This includes your accommodation information. This lets us know when you’re planning to check in and out of the Laurier Residence and your participants’ requests for roommates.
- Once everyone’s profiles are complete, double-check all of the entered information such as:
- Personal info (Date of birth, address, etc.)
- Dietary and physical needs/restrictions
- Emergency contacts
- Accommodation check-in and check-out dates
- Make sure you click “Submit to Registrar” when you’re finished!
- Print one Community Endorsement form per Home Team, one Home Team Leader Agreement form per HTL and one Youth Participant Permission form per youth. Forms can be found on the website.
- Collect all required signatures from participants, parents, and pastor/priest (or equivalent).
Who can sign the Community Endorsement form?
The signer should be an official representative of leadership in your home community who is authorized to endorse volunteers– your pastor, priest, bishop, diaconal minister, designated staff, manager, director, chair of council, or warden. Please contact the Registrar if you have additional questions.
- Scan the signed copies of your printed documents upload them online. Instructions about where to upload the scans will be included in your registration confirmation email.
Original copies should be kept in a safe and accessible place (i.e. with your Council Chair or Warden) until the end of the gathering in case they are needed.
- Registration will close on June 30, 2023. All forms and fees must be received by the Registrar prior to this date.
- Note: After June 30, 2023, PHTLs interested in bringing a Home Team to CLAY should first contact the Registrar to ensure there is still space available. No registrations will be accepted after July 31, 2023.
- Payments are made on behalf of the entire Home Team. Within a few days of registering a Home Team, the PHTL will receive an email confirming their Home Team Number and the full amount due.
- Note: Payment methods accepted: Cheques, Credit Cards or E-Transfers.
- Payment Option #1: Credit Card
A credit card can be used during the registration process, to pay the full amount of the Home Team’s registration fees. Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted.
- Payment Option #2: E-Transfer or Cheque
- When paying by e-transfer or cheque, a non-refundable initial deposit of $100 is required from each participant, which will be deposited immediately upon receipt.
(e.g. one HTL with two youth = one cheque or e-transfer in the amount of $300).
A second payment (for the full amount owing for everyone on the Home Team) is due on May 31, 2023.
- Note: If you are registering your Home Team after May 31, 2023, the full amount of your registration fees are due immediately. Please make a single payment for the total amount due.
- Make payable to: Canadian Lutheran Anglican Youth Gathering.
Include your Home Team number on the outside of the envelope and in the Memo line of both cheques.
Cheques are to be mailed to:
ELCIC National Office
Attn: CLAY Gathering
400-185 Carlton St. Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3J1
- Send transfers and email the password to: paymen[email protected]. Include your Home Team Number in the email as well.
To be considered “registered”, Home Teams must have completed the following:
- Completion of online registration form with information regarding all members of the Home Team
- Scan and upload all signed Youth Permission forms, all signed Home Team Leader Agreement forms and the Community Endorsement form
- Pay online with a credit card, or send cheque or e-transfer payments to the Registrar
- Additions and substitutions to Home Teams can be made any time up to July 31, 2023, subject to availability. However, the new participant will be charged according to the rate current at the time of the addition or substitution.
- Note: A participant substituting into a Home Team between April 16 and July 31 will be charged the $650 rate, even if their Home Team originally qualified for the Early-Bird rate.
How to make a substitution
- If you wish to make a substitution on your Home Team, please email the Registrar at [email protected] for further details. Substitutions will be at the discretion of the Registrar as rooming assignments may be affected.
- Please contact the Registrar if you need to withdraw someone from your Home Team. The $100 deposit is non-refundable. The amount of other fees refunded will depend on the date of withdrawal, in accordance with CLAY’s contractual agreement with Laurier. Contact the Registrar for clarification at the time of withdrawal.
- The $100 deposit is non-refundable. The amount of other fees refunded will depend on the date of withdrawal, in accordance with CLAY’s contractual agreement with Laurier. Contact the Registrar for clarification at the time of withdrawal.
After August 1, 2023, no fees will be refunded.